21 Quotes on Success and Failure to Inspire You in the New Year
Dec 20, 2016
As the year is coming to an end, I’ve been reflecting on my successes and failures along the way.
My Biggest Takeaway: When I think of my most successful moments, it was during those times I was most active, engaged, and present in the current moment. It’s when I was busy creating value and serving others through the gifts and talents I’ve been blessed with. And, it’s when I dusted myself off after a failure, put myself back out there with my lessons learned, that I recognized success coming my way.
Here is a list of some of my favorite quotes that I hope will inspire you in the new year, and there after, to be more engaged in the world. Cheers to a new year, a new beginning, to all your successes!
- Strive not to be a success, but rather of value. – Albert Einstein
- Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. – Swami Sivamunda
- Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit. – Conrad Hilton
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. – Winston Churchill
- Our goal isn’t to touch everyone, our goal is to touch someone. To change someone, just one person. If you get good at that, do 5, then do 100. But stop worrying about everyone. Everyone doesn’t matter. – Seth Godin
- Failure is an opportunity to begin again, and this time more wisely. – Henry Ford
- A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success. – Joyce Brothers
- Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. – Franz Kafka
- If you don’t encounter setbacks in your career, if you don’t have doubts and disappointments, let me tell you, you’re not dreaming big enough. – Michael Bloomberg
- The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top. – Joyce Brothers
- Success is never so interesting as the struggle – not even to the successful. – Willa Cather
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
- Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. – Marie Forleo
- It’s not about whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get back up. – Vince Lombardi
- Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else’s. – Billy Wilder
- Rejoice in other people’s successes. There’s plenty to go around. – Anonymous
- The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to achieve. – Benjamin Mays
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat. Just get on. – Cheryl Sandberg
- How can you recognize success if you haven’t experienced failure? – Sonia Singh
- Let failure be your trusted friend and guide, for it will teach you more than even your successes. – Sonia Singh
- If you’re not making mistakes, you’re doing something wrong. Which means you’re making a mistake. Which means you’re fine. I don’t know. – Sarah Cooper
Call to Action: Which quote resonated with you most, and why? Comment below – I’d love to hear from you!
If you liked this post, please make sure to share it by hitting the share buttons below. And don’t forget to sign up to be notified of upcoming events and free goodies that I only send via email!
All the best,